- Wong, C., Zheng, W. & Qiao, M. (2019, forthcoming) Urban expansion and neighbourhood commuting patterns in the Beijing metropolitan region: a multi-level analysis. Urban Studies.
- Zheng, W., Wong, C. & Qiao, M. (2019, forthcoming) Socio-spatial variations in commuting patterns in suburban Beijing. Built Environment.
- Li, F., Zheng, W., Wang, Y., Liang, J., Xie, S., Guo, S., Li, X. & Yu, C. (2019) Urban Green Space Fragmentation and Urbanization: A Spatiotemporal Perspective. Forests, 10(4), 333. https://doi.org/10.3390/f10040333
- Qiao, M., Wong, C. & Zheng, W. (2019) Sustainable urbanisation and community well-being in suburban neighbourhoods in Beijing, China. International Journal of Community Well-Being. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42413-019-00019-9
- Wong, C., Qiao, M. & Zheng, W. (2018) Dispersing, regulating and upgrading’ urban villages in suburban Beijing, Town Planning Review, 89(6), 597-621. https://doi.org/10.3828/tpr.2018.41
- Zheng, W., Shen, G. Q., Wang, H., Hong, J., & Li, Z. (2017). Decision Support for Sustainable Urban Renewal: A Multi-scale Model. Land Use Policy, 69, 361-371.
- Zheng, H. W., Shen, G. Q., Song, Y., Sun, B., & Hong, J. (2017). Neighborhood Sustainability in Urban Renewal: An Assessment Framework. Environment and Planning: Urban Analytics and City Science, 44(5), 903-924.
- Yu, T., Shen, G. Q., Shi, Q., Zheng, H. W., Wang, G., & Xu, K. (2017). Evaluating social sustainability of urban housing demolition in Shanghai, China. Journal of Cleaner Production,153, 26-40.
- Hong, J., Shen, G. Q., Guo, S., Xue, F., & Zheng, W. (2016). Energy use embodied in China׳ s construction industry: A multi-regional input–output analysis. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 53, 1303-1312.
- Zheng, H. W., Shen, G. Q., Wang, H., & Hong, J. (2015). Simulating land use change in urban renewal areas: A case study in Hong Kong. Habitat International, 46, 23-34.
- Zheng, W., Shen, G., Wang, H., & Lombardi, P. (2015). Critical issues in spatial distribution of public housing estates and their implications on urban renewal in Hong Kong. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment, 4(2), 172-187. (Emerald 2016 Literati Award with the title of Highly Commended Paper)
- Huang, J., Shen, G. Q., & Zheng, H. W. (2015). Is insufficient land supply the root cause of housing shortage? Empirical evidence from Hong Kong. Habitat International, 49, 538-546.
- Zheng, H. W., Shen, G. Q., & Wang, H. (2014). A review of recent studies on sustainable urban renewal. Habitat International, 41, 272-279.
Book Chapter and Research Report
- Wong, C and Zheng, W. (2019) ‘4.2 Indicator-based approaches to environmental planning’, in Companion to Environmental Planning and Sustainability, (eds) S. Davoudi, H. Blanco, R. Cowell and I. White, Routledge, London.
- Wong, C., Zheng, W., Schulze Baing, A., Koksal C. & Baker, M. (2019) Industrial Strategy & Industry 4.0: structure, people and place. Accessed at: http://hummedia.manchester.ac.uk/institutes/mui/spal/research/reports/industrial-strategy-and-industry-4-structure-people.pdf
- Wong, C., Arnold, T., Baker, M., Koksal C., Schulze Baing, A. & Zheng, W. (2019) Measuring Spatial Inequality in the UK: What We Know and What We Should Know?. UK 2070 Commission. Accessed at: http://uk2070.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/02-Wong-et-al-Measuring-Spatial-Inequality.pdf
- Wu, Z., Hong, J., Zheng, W., Bu, S., Huo, X., Chen, T., & Lang, W. (2016). Investigating the Green Building Development in China: Successful Experiences and Potential Obstacles (CIB Publication number 412). Accessed at: http://site.cibworld.nl/dl/publications/publ_412.pdf
Book Review and Conference Report
- Zheng, H. W. (2015). A Review of “Courtyard housing and cultural sustainability: theory, practice and product”, By Donia Zhang. International Journal of Housing Policy, 15(4), 509-511.
- Dockerill, B., Koksal, C., & Zheng, W. (2019). China’s new urban agenda: an international dialogue on sustainable development. Town Planning Review, 90(3), 321-325. (conference report)
- Zheng, W. & Wong, C. (2019) Crisscross commuting flows in Beijing suburban neighbourhoods. Urban Transformations. Accessed at: https://www.urbantransformations.ox.ac.uk/blog/2019/crisscross-commuting-flows-in-beijing-suburban-neighbourhoods-a-call-for-comprehensive-spatial-planning/
- Zheng, W. & Wong, C. (2017) Green infrastructure-addressing climate change in a rapid urbanising megacity. Urban Transformations. Accessed at: http://www.urbantransformations.ox.ac.uk/blog/2017/beijings-green-infrastructure-addressing-climate-change-in-a-rapidly-urbanising-megacity/